International Symposium on Marine Engineering and Technology
October 26 (Thu) to October 27 (Fri), 2017
BEXCO, Busan, Republic of Korea
Deadline for Abstract submission: July 1, 2017
The International Symposium on Marine Engineering and Technology (ISMT2017) provides a regular symposium for the presentation of cutting edge research in marine engineering to both academic and industry researchers. Continuing with a series of successful previous meetings, this symposium has been extending the interest areas of marine engineering.
We aim at not only advancing the development of marine engineering technology and its applications, but also discussing the future of marine engineering, focusing on the theme: “Autonomous ship and eco-ship in Marine Engineering”.
ISMT2017 will be held at Busan Exhibition and Convention Center (BEXCO), Busan, Republic of Korea on October 26-27, 2017. ISMT2017 will be co-located with International Marine, Shipbuilding, Offshore, Oil and Gas Exhibition (KORMARINE2017) on October 24-27, 2017. ISMT and KORMARINE will run concurrently on October 26-27 and share a joint special session.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
While everyone is encouraged to attend, the opportunity to present a talk or poster is intended for students, post-docs, and others related to marine engineering as well as scholars and researchers. We invite submissions in the form of a 2-page paper (excluding references) on topics in marine engineering, including but not limited to:
- Marine ICT and Interface
- Experience on Other Vehicles (Automobile and Air flight)
- Marine Environment Protection
- International Maritime Provisions / Ship Rules
- Marine Educations
- Marine Engine Technology / Energy Conversion Systems
- Advanced Propulsion System
- Marine Fuels and Lubricants
- Electric, Electronic and Automation
- Heat and Fluid Engineering
- Ship Recycling & Ship Conversion
- Marine Materials
- Maritime Safety and Operation System
- Ship Structure Analysis
- Others related topics
INVITATION and SUBMISSION of PAPERS
We invite your contributions concerning marine engineering. Research reports relevant to marine, shipbuilding, offshore are welcomed as well. The program committee welcomes the submission of papers with short pages and demo descriptions, which must be longer than two pages including title, text, figures and tables, but the number of pages is not limited for references. Accepted papers will be presented as orals or posters according to review and/or request.
Please use the official ISMT2017 template files: https://sites.google.com/site/ismarineet2016/resources/ISMT%202017_Paper%20Template.docx?attredirects=0&d=1
You are required to send abstracts (≤ 200 words, including author’s name, affiliation, address, telephone number, email address, title of paper, and 5 key words) by July 1, 2017, and then to submit final papers (≤ 2 pages excluding references) by September 30, 2017. Acceptance notifications will be emailed by July 10, 2017. If your paper is accepted, you have the opportunity to deliver a 20-minute presentation or poster presentation.
Please send all submissions as attachments to email:
BENEFIT for ISMT2017 PRESENTERS
1. If desired, the extended version (≥ 6 pages) of the presented paper can be published through a rapid and concentrated reviewing process (within one month) in the Journal of Korean Society of Marine Engineering which is officially indexed in the Korea Citation Index (KCI) since the year of 2004. The acceptance, however, cannot be guaranteed during the process of peer review.
2. We allow you to enjoy your time with co-located events, KORMARINE, MADEX, SEA-PORT during marine week, October 24 (Tue) - 27 (Fri) as mentioned below.
3. We allow you to attend ALL sessions of KORMARINE 2017.
PROPOSAL of SPECIAL SESSIONS
Special sessions are open to all. Anybody can propose the special session related to marine engineering. The deadline for special session proposals is June 1, 2017. ISMT2017 will have a joint special session with International Marine, Shipbuilding, Offshore, Oil and Gas Exhibition (KORMARINE 2017).
- Abstract (≤ 200 words) submission: July 1, 2017
- Acceptance notification: July 10, 2017
- Early-bird registration: September 30, 2017
- Final paper (≤ 2 pages excluding references) submission: September 30, 2017
- Conference: October 26-27, 2017
ISMT 2017: http://www.ismt2017.or.kr
Co-located and related events on October 24 (Tue) - 27(Fri):
- KORMINE 2017: http://www.kormarine.net/
International Marine, Shipbuilding, Offshore, Oil and Gas Exhibition
- MADEX 2017: http://www.madex.co.kr/eng
International Maritime Defense Industry Exhibition
- SEA-PORT 2017: https://www.marineweek.org:468/eng/index02.asp
International Port, Logistics, and Environmental Technology Exhibition
Questions and inquiries should be sent to:
ISMT2017 Symposium Secretariat: email@example.com